Call for new choristers
It is important for the ongoing strength of our choir that we have new members joining us each year.
You may know someone who has sung with a choir that is not presenting Messiah this year and would like to have the opportunity to sing. Why not invite that person to sing with us.
You might meet someone who has not sung Messiah but would like to have the opportunity to sing this great work. Please invite him or her along.
We believe it is important that young people grow to love Messiah. Please encourage them to join. Children and full-time students do not pay a registration fee.
We will not sell, share or trade our choristers’ names or personal information with any other entity, or make choristers’ details available to other choristers without their permission.
This policy applies to all information received by the Radio Community Chest Inc, both online and offline, on any platform (“platform” includes the Radio Community Chest Inc Website and mobile applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent payments (for example, registration fees) are processed through a third-party service provider, our choristers’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the payment.
1. Weekly rehearsals will begin early in October 2023 at Stephen’s Church, Macquarie St. from 7:00pm to 8:45pm
2. Performances will take place in the Sydney Town Hall at 3:00 pm on Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 December 2023
3. Our conductor and organist will be Tim Chung and Mark Quarmby respectively.
4. Choristers are required to attend all or almost all practices to qualify to participate in the two performances in the Sydney Town Hall.
5. All choristers are expected to have their own copy of the score (Prout Edition preferred)
A limited number of scores will be available for sale at the rehearsals at $25 each (exact cash or cheque)
Conductor Tim Chung
Queries to email@example.com
Dress code for the performances
In previous years, ladies wore all white, but since 2016, white blouses, 3/4 or full length sleeves with long black skirt or slacks are required. If your skirt is only to the knees, please wear black stockings.
Men to wear white long sleeved shirts with black bow ties, and black trousers. Ladies who sing with the tenors will also be required to wear white long sleeved shirts and black slacks with black bow ties for the performance.